Hello, I’m a host, Hannah. I, early-50s, am living with my husband now. I have one son who is now studying abroad and I have come up with an idea of a homestay work. From my childhood I have been here and there in Korea tagging along with my father who was fond of travelling. When I was in University I had also back-packed with my close friends in Korea, and after getting married, I had shown my son around Seoul as well as many places in S.Korea. I have learned a lot of info about each locality from a lot of acquaintances I had met during my trips at that time. Therefore now I am able to provide such a interesting info to my guests.
My place is calm and clean, and transportation is much convenient than guests thought, so they love my place as they feel like their home.
O How to get to my place from Inchon International Airport
1. Airport limousine bus
Please take an airport limousine bus #6011 at Incheon Int’l airport and get off in front of Kyongbok Palace sub-way station exit no.7. It takes about 1 hour. Please cross the street to the exit no.3 of the sub-way station and get on a green bus no.1711 and 1020 and get off in front of Hwajeong museum in Pyongchang-dong. I will then meet you there. Alternatively, if you let me know the exact time when you leave Incheon Int’l airport, I can pick you up at the exit no.7 of Kyongbok Palace sub-way station.
Please come to Seoul rail-way station by sub-way from the airport and then take a green bus no.1711 bound for City Hall and Kyongbok Palace. After that, please give me a call on my mobile phone and get off in front of Hwajeong museum in Pyongchang-dong. I will then meet you there.
O How to get to famous places near by
My house is in Jongno which is the centre of Seoul city. You can go easily anywhere by public bus, and a walking tour is possible but if you want I can borrow bicycle to you.
1. The Cheongwadae, Pesidential residence and Kyongbok Palace : The Cheongwadae is an official residence of Korean President and Kyongbok Palace is one of the biggest ancient palaces in Korea. It is within an half an hour of walking distance from my house. There are also many art galleries, museums and some famous drama sights on the way.
2. Insa-dong, Bukchon, Samcheong-dong : the streets where Korean traditional culture and modern culture are co-existing. Green public bus no.1020 will take you there. It is connected to the Cheongwadae, Presidential residence.
3. Myong-dong and Namdaemoon (South Gate) market : You can get there by bus 1711. It is a famous shopping and sight-seeing areas where especially lots of youngsters are gathering as well as where lots of tourists from abroad are visiting.
4. Dongdaemoon (East Gate) market : You can get there by green bus #7212.
5. Cheonggae stream: It is a stream running along the streets in Jongno area which was covered in 1960 as a city development plan but restored back to the original shape in 2003~2005. It was well designed and a various kinds of exhibitions are open in every season. For example, lamp festival in Oct., X-mas and year-end decorations and etc. It is convenient to get there by bus.
6. Bukak Skyway, drama-taking sights, and beautiful tracking trails:Surrounded by Bookak mountain, Bookhan mountain and Inwang mountain, these places are connected to the beautiful mountain tracking trails, and Seoul fortress is also a famous place here in Seoul which you can’t miss. You can look down at the beautiful scene of Seoul city at a glance.
7. Besides these, it is much convenient to use super markets, Cafe, convenient stores, clinic and etc. Also, you can also easily get to the Shinchon, Hongik University area, Daehakro and etc.by bus.
O My home facilities
1. Common use area: Living room and kitchen are for common use. You can take a liberty to cook at kitchen if you want. There is an exclusive rest room for guest only (probably there might be another guest at the same time but I don’t accept them for a long time at the same time)
2. Individual use (Guest room): some objects at my son’s room who is now studying in the States.
- Wireless internet is available.
- Single bad and bedclothes to be provided.
- A desk and chair available- a clothes chest available
- bedroom key to be given if needed.
O Homestay services
1. Airport pick-up : KW70,000.- for one way (by cash only directly, not through Wimdu Korea)
2. Breakfast : Simple breakfast including toast and serials to be provided or you can prepare it by yourself at your choice.
3. No charge for cleaning when checking-in and checking-out
O Transportation - Bus station and sub-way station near by
1. There is bus station within 3 minutes of walking distance (inside Seoul city) and it is also available to connect other area outside city boundary.
2. 15-20 minutes bus ride will take you to sub-way lines 1, 2, 3, 5,6.
3. It is also available to get there by bicycle.
O Host personality and preferable guest.
Just like my child or friend, I’d like to get along with you during your stay at my home.
O Homestay rules and regulations
1. Check-in, check-out time is available at your convenient time.
2. Drinking, smoking and drug at home are not allowed.
3. In case one person is added to one bedroom, 60% of room charge to be added. In case of less than 7 years old, 30% to be added on top of the agreed room charges.
If you want to stay more than 1 month for a long time, the room charges can be adjusted. Please send your message to me prior to booking.
Especially on Mondays I give a small party at my home where about 10 University students are joining. After enjoying delicious dinner, we are singing a hymn and sharing together after reading Biblical booklet. You can join us if you want. You may only have a dinner and have a dialogue with them. If you want to make Korean foods and stay at my home on Monday, we can have a time to cook Korean foods and enjoy dinner together as well.
I can communicate with you in English. My husband speaks English well and also speaks Chinese a little bit. We can go hiking, shopping and go to wedding in order for you to learn Korean cultures if possible.
Should you have any other question please don’t hesitate to send your message to me at any time.