Comfortable and Cozy Guesthouse
- Family/child friendly
|Address||Rua Major Toja Martinez Filho, 22450-270 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil|
|Property type||Private room|
Immerse yourself in the real Rio de Janeiro by staying in the favela of Vidigal, a safe urban community vibrant with music, food, art, and fun. Staying in a private, en suite bedroom with 2 beds in a small, international guesthouse, you'll marvel at amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean and Vidigal. You'll have fast wi-fi, your own bathroom, air conditioning and a kitchen shared with a few international guests. Enjoy many cultural and adventure activities in or near Vidigal, including hang gliding, surfing, rock climbing, trekking, favela walking tours, samba, martial arts, and "funk carioca" parties. (We can even get you discounts--just ask!) Moreover, located in the heart of Rio's exclusive South Zone, you'll be a short walk, van, bus, or taxi ride away from the beaches of Ipanema, Copacabana, and Leblon and the alternative scene of Botafogo.
There are public vans and buses (each $2.75 Brazilian reals) that stop within a 10-minute walk of the apartment at the bottom of Vidigal. Passing nearly every minute, this public transportation goes to the lively neighborhoods of Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana, Botafogo, and Leme. In addition, within Vidigal there are many mototaxis and vans (each $2.50 Brazilian reals).
Vidigal's new 24/7 police protect the community as part of a government program in advance of the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Summer Olympics. In reality, tourists are safer in Vidigal than in some of Rio's most "touristy" areas. Unlike other parts of the city, you'll feel a real sense of community in the favelas, where everyone looks out for their neighbors.
You can maximize your safety if you:
• Don't take photos of people without permission
• Never use or buy illegal drugs
• Consume alcohol in moderation
• Listen to your hosts about safety
- Keep the shared kitchen clean and organized
- Don't leave personal possessions in the common areas
- Keep audio and noise levels quiet during late night and early morning hours
- Lock room door when leaving and other entrances as instructed by the administration
- Don't bring other guests without explicit permission from the administration
- Never engage in illegal activity, including drug use and sexual activity with minors, since Brazilian law will hold hosts responsible
|Check-in After||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out Before||On arrangement|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption