Why stay at a hotel when you can have the true Boston experience and live like a local?! Feel at home, while you're away from home, living in a traditional Marlborough Street brownstone in the heart of Boston's historic Back Bay. Safe, quiet neighborhood (considered to be one of the most beautiful in Boston) with true New England charm. Walking distance to all of the popular districts (Back Bay shopping/restaurant district, Copley Square, Charles River, Boston Commons, South End, etc.) and historic sites (State House, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, etc.) in Boston.
Included in your stay are the following:
* HOT BREAKFAST (pancakes, eggs, french toast, waffles, cream cheese & bagels, cereal, toast, pb & j, oj, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc and other snacks... you just supply the chef!)
* LAPTOP with HIGH SPEED CABLE INTERNET available for your use (brand new laptop!)
* TRAVEL GUIDES & MAPS: Fodor's Boston 2011, Boston Zagat Restaurant Guide 2011/12, Laminated City Map, Transit Guide/Map, New England Map, AMC hiking guide books, Boston/New England picture books, White Pages, Yellow Pages, etc.
* WELCOME DRINK! :) Start your vacation off right with a Cosmo/Margarita/Cape Codder or two upon your arrival! :) (alcohol, mixers, drink recipes, martini set, etc. provided).
* PROFESSIONAL CLEANING: The apartment is professionally cleaned by a (third party) housekeeping service prior to each visit.
* 40' FLAT SCREEN PLASMA TV with cable TV & DVD as well as a selection of DVD movies
* MAGAZINES: recent issues of Us Weekly, Time and Travel & Leisure magazines.
* 1000 THREAD COUNT EGYPTIAN COTTON (or satin) SHEETS
* MEMORY-FOAM PILLOWS & FOAM MATTRESS TOPPER
* BATHROBES & SLIPPERS (freshly cleaned of course) so u can feel right at home!
NOTE: This is an entirely PRIVATE APARTMENT (with private bath and kitchen) which you will have all to yourself (not a room in a shared apartment/home). There's no curfew and you don't have to make small talk during breakfast with strangers! :) I never stop by unannounced (and usually never stop by at all unless requested to).
There is a 3-night minimum. If the calendar shows your selected dates as available, you can simply go ahead and send a reservation request (it's not necessary to email first to confirm dates). Dates that are not available have been blocked out. The apartment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
During your stay, you'll be within short walking distance of:
- Open air cafes, restaurants and bars (the heart of the Back Bay shopping/restaurant district is just a couple 2 blocks south)
- Charles River - great for walking/jogging (2 blocks north)
- Boston Commons (Boston's version of Central Park) (about a 15-20min walk east)
- Copley Square (5-10min walk away)
- The "T" (Boston's subway - "Copley" station) (5-10min walk) NOTE: You can easily get from the airport to the apartment by the T (directions will be sent when a reservation is made).
- Amtrak ("Back Bay" station)(10-15min walk)
- Prudential Shopping Center (5 min walk)
- Hynes Convention Center (5 min walk)
- Grocery stores (Shaw's & Trader Joe's)(10-15min walk)
- Pharmacies (CVS is just 2 blocks away & Walgreens is about a 5-10min walk away)
There is definitely no need for a car if you are staying in the city as everything you'll want to see is within walking, T (train) or short cab ride distance. Zipcars and rental cars are also available in the Back Bay for day trips (e.g. Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Killington, Crane Beach (near Ipswich), Newburyport, Rockport, etc.)
Other apartment amenities include:
- PARLOR-LEVEL, STREET-FACING APARTMENT with great view of Marlborough St.
- HIGH SPEED CABLE INTERNET (cable internet, no wifi)
- HIGH CEILINGS
- TOILETRIES - Leave your checked bag at home! Available for your use are the following: shampoo/conditioner, soap, shower gel, body lotion, toothpaste, Q-tips, razors, tampons, blow dryer, flat iron, shoe shine kit, lint brush, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc. (help yourself to whatever is out)
- MINI BEACH CHAIRS that you can take to the Commons or the Charles to sit out and read/people watch. :) (behind the kitchen island)
- Stereo with iPod Deck
- Decorative FIREPLACE (Note: there is no fluke, so you'll want to open the windows if you light a lot of candles) (you are welcome to light any candles except those on the candlebra - those are really messy)
- AIR MATTRESS for use free-of-charge with auto-inflat/deflat (in case you'd like to use it, it is on the top shelf in the closet in the kitchen)
- AIR CONDITIONING UNIT (in the summer) & HEAT (space heater plus central heat in the colder months)
- MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN, COFFEE MAKER, IRON/IRONING BOARD (behind the kitchen island), clothes steamer, pots/pans, Brita water filter, alarm clock.
- Also, feel free to help yourself to spices, condiments, cooking oils, etc.
- CONTROLLED ENTRY to building (VERY SAFE!)
- Studio apartment with French doors separating kitchen (i.e. there is not a separate bedroom)
- Pet friendly (you are welcome to bring your cat and/or quiet dog - there's even top of the line food here for both) :)
- Parking not included
- AT & T mobile phones do not get much reception in the apartment (1 or 2 bars at best).