HOME-FROM-HOME: A tranquil city hideaway
|Address||Bellevue Rd, EH7 4DG Edinburgh, United Kingdom|
|Property type||Private room|
|Response time||A few hours|
IMPORTANT! Please note the EXACT STREET ADDRESS from your Wimdu reservation. Mobile phone maps use POSTCODES which give many addresses on the same street, not taking you to the EXACT address.!!
ONE WORLD, ONE FAMILY, DIVERSE PEOPLES SHARING
Welcome to Edinburgh! A tranquil city-center hideaway..
In these past 5 years I am delighted to have been able to share my home with many visitors from East and West: Australasia (incl China, Korea, VN, Japan, Singapore & HK) , Euroland, North and South America and more. Locals say Edinburgh is like a big village
The guest room is in my garden flat, ideal for 1-3 persons, and up to 5 persons if needed - great for families and friends travelling together. It is a 22-minute walk from Waverley Station and Princes Street, with excellent nearby transportation including the airport Tram 12 minutes away. It is in a relaxed setting hidden behind a tall gate 35m from the nearest street, surrounded by 110-m2 of private garden and a terrace with mature trees.
There are 3 single beds (a single and a bunk bed). There are two extra mattresses stored under the beds can be placed on the floor as required **NOTE: FLOOR SPACE USING EXTRA MATTRESSES IS LIMITED. Families with children are welcome. All bedding and towels are included. There are a chest of drawers, writing desk, arm chair and a closet. The room is just across the hall from the shared bathroom, with my room adjacent.
A Continental breakfast is included (Rolls/bread, jam, butter, coffee/tee, maybe fruit and/or muesli). GUESTS MAY USE THE KITCHEN, REFRIGERATOR AND WASHING MACHINE BY ARRANGEMENT PLEASE ASK. Oriental rugs scattered throughout on wool fitted carpets ensuring a rich and cozy ambiance. Children ( DISCOUNT aged 15 & under, please ask at time of booking). Pets are welcome. LGBT-friendly.
• Wide range of cafes, restaurants, cinemas & shopping . Edinburgh has an eclectic range of locally-owned shops (avoiding the mass-market identical chain stores found in every UK city), restaurants and so many delicatessens and coffee shops, not to mention pubs!
• Good bus transport very near extending throughout Edinburgh incl Service 100 from/to Airport as well as the new TRAM, `12 minutes away
• Edinburgh is a very walkable town.
• Excellent international & local restaurants: Edinburgh offers it all.
• Parking: there is free on-street parking a 7-minute walk away or meter parking on the street, but which is free weekends Friday 1730-Monday 0830. I’m pleased to share with you my insights and tips about Edinburgh. I look forward to meeting you soon.
* Bathroom, with shower and bath
* private garden & terrace
* kitchen & Washing machine, may be used by arrangement (no later than 830pm please), & Limited refrigerator space may be possible, Please advise beforehand if possible.
* Drying closet for overnight drying of washed clothes, or outside line in good weather
* modest library including good collection of photographic arts and oriental carpet books
Interaction with guests
Enjoy chatting, becoming acquainted, music, interesting stories, photographic arts, history. Musicians welcome to share their art. I have a fine Spanish classical guitar, as well as alto, soprano and sopranino recorders/blokflute
Other things to note
(1) Please complete your profile with a photo & personal details - 'empty profile' requests cannot be accepted
(2) When you receive your booking confirmation please make a note of the ADDRESS and TELEPHONE number
(3) DO NOT Rely on phone maps using post codes only! Use full address to ensure correct location
House rulesGUESTS: .
To help you enjoy your stay, please note the following guide:
• PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ARRIVAL TIME IN ADVANCE. If you are delayed, please telephone. I will wait for your arrival up to one hour past your expected time if I must go out.
• no smoking inside please - garden outside is available, but dispose of butts in bin
• please place shoes in the shoe rack by the door
• please wash up dishes when finished, keep kitchen tidy
• usual common courtesies as house guests & reasonable hours are appreciated
• please keep showers to 10 minutes, 0700- 2300 (7am - 11pm)
|Price for > 1 guests||£ 21 per guest/night extra|
|Maximum Nights||5 nights|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out Before||On arrangement|
Reviews of this property
For the German-speaking guests: - a really nice place to stay, neat and adequate - good breakfast - well located, quiet and still only maybe 10 - 12min walk to the center, we have the most goals can be reached on foot - but above all, a very, very nice, sympathetic and always helpful host David (Edinburgh is a great city, you know yourself) Hello David, nice greetings ... unfortunatly back at home! Thanks for synthesis great days with you!
Für die deutschsprachigen Gäste:
- eine wirklich nette Unterkunft, ordentlich und ausreichend
- gutes Frühstück
- gut gelegen, ruhig und trotzdem nur vielleicht 10 - 12min zu Fuß ins Zentrum, die allermeisten Ziele haben wir zu Fuß erreichen können
- vor allem aber ein sehr, sehr netter, sympathischer und stets hilfsbereiter Gastgeber David
(das Edinburgh eine tolle Stadt ist, wisst ihr selber)
Hallo David: nice greetings ... unfortunatly back at home!
Thanks for these great days with you!!!
The room is very clean and nice and bright David's house is about 20 minutes walk from the old town (Neustad 10min). David was a great host, he is very friendly, mostly stayed in the background and served a good breakfast. Wimdu makes so fun, so 5 stars from me
Das Zimmer ist sehr sauber und schön hell. Davids Haus liegt ca. 20min Fussweg von der Altstadt entfernt (Neustad 10min). David war ein toller Gastgeber, er ist sehr freundlich, hielt sich meist im Hintergrund und servierte ein gutes Frühstück.
So macht Wimdu Spass, deshalb 5 Sterne von mir
DAVID is an excellent, earnest, honest, reliable, open and friendly host. We had a great time in his comfy, clean, bright and cosy room. David was very helpful anytime we needed help. I can truly recommend him!!! He likes kids and kids are welcome in his house.The bus connection is also perfect yet the city is not far away to walk -the surroundings are also comfortable and friendly with kids. It was grand, couldn't have wished it better and safer. It was better than 100 %.
Had a lovely nights stay at David's home from home, which it truly was. We felt very welcome, so much so that i hung my wet clothes out on his line from my mornings swim in Loch Lemond. If your staying in the area - it is well worth the £10 train ticket from Edinburgh to Balloch. I would most certainly stay here again if I'm in the area. If you are looking for somewhere to stay that is cheap and cosy with someone who will most certainly help you find where you need to go….this is the place.
Our stay at David was very pleasant. We felt right at home, David is very easy to handle and gives you lots of information about Edinburgh. He also makes a delicious breakfast. We felt like we were at a friend visiting and have chatted about music, the former carpet trade of David and many more interesting topics. The house of David is one end of the street making it very quiet sleep. Really recommended! Jan & Marieke, Groningen
Ons verblijf bij David was heel prettig. We voelden ons meteen thuis, David is erg gemakkelijk in de omgang en geeft je veel informatie over Edinburgh.
Daarnaast maakt hij een heerlijk ontbijtje. We hadden het idee alsof we bij een vriend op bezoek waren en hebben nog gezellig gekletst over muziek, de voormalige tapijtenhandel van David en nog veel meer interessante onderwerpen.
Het huis van David staat een eind van de straat waardoor het er erg rustig slaapt. Echt aanbevolen!
Jan & Marieke, Groningen
We had a truly wonderful stay at David's lovely home. We were made so welcome on our arrival and everything felt so natural that we felt at home immediately. The room looked beautiful in the late afternoon sunlight and there was a lot of thought put into details like providing useful leaflets and a very handy plan of Lothian Region buses. His place was spotlessly clean, the garden a delight and don't miss David's breakfast, it really is a treat and a lovely little event to wake up to. David not only has a lot to say about Edinburgh if you're stuck for something to do, he is also full of fascinating stories and just a really nice person to be with and talk to. It was like staying with a friend and we would love to come back. Thank you David.
We enjoyed our stay with David, who was our little soins.Toujours ready to help, always concerned that our stay is bien.Super breakfast. Although only 18 minutes from downtown, the journey is on foot. The course is nice, notably with a tesco, pubs, restaurants, grocery store and a clothing design that I recommande.L 'reception by David worth seeing: There is a cozy and warm room, loan cards access to the kitchen and parking, good addresses, advice, his good humor and real empathy for its guests. What happiness!
Nous avons beaucoup apprécié notre séjour chez David qui a été à nos petits soins.Toujours prêt à rendre service, toujours soucieux que notre séjour se passe bien.Super petit déjeuner.
Bien qu'à 18 minutes du centre-ville, le trajet se fait bien à pied. Le parcours est agréable avec, notamment, un tesco , des pubs, restaurants, épicerie et une boutique de création de vêtements que je recommande.L'accueil réservé par David vaut le détour: outre une chambre confortable et bien chauffée,prêt de cartes, l'accès à sa cuisine et son parking, les bonnes adresses,les conseils, sa bonne humeur et sa réelle empathie pour ses invités. Que du bonheur!!!
Lovely man, not too luxurious surroundings, but very warm welcome and stay.
Schat van een man, niet al te luxe omgeving, maar zeer warm welkom en verblijf.
We were greeted very warmly by David during our stay in Edinburgh: we greatly appreciated the quality breakfast, the availability of our host and his open-mindedness! we strongly recommend this to all those of us who are also looking to meet people while traveling ..
Nous avons été accueillis très chaleureusement par David durant notre séjour à Edinburgh: nous avons grandement apprécié la qualité du petit déjeuner, la disponibilité de notre hôte et son ouverture d'esprit!! nous recommandons fortement cette adresse à tous ceux qui comme nous cherchent aussi à rencontrer des personnages pendant leurs voyages ..
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption