Spacious Apartment in North London
- Family/child friendly
- Parking available
- Smoking allowed
|Address||Selkirk Court, N17 6RF London, United Kingdom|
|Response time||A few hours|
|Calendar updated||A month ago|
Tottenham is a culturally vibrant and exciting neigbourhood to visit where you can be assured of an authentic experience with the locals and a safe environment where creativity nestles with hard working people who are proud of their community.
The flat consists of the following:
* Master bedroom: large king size bed and wardrobe and chest of drawers.
* Bedroom 2: smaller but with a double bed and has a wardrobe and a chest of drawers
* Large Lounge with a dining table
* 37 inch TV
* Family bathroom which has a bath, shower, toilet and basin
* Fully fitted kitchen, fully functional with all crockery, cutlery, pots and pans, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave.
* Bright west facing reception room with large french doors leading to the shared garden
* Gas/Central heating
* Short Let to 12 months.
* Can sleep 6 people as settee convert to a bed.
* Suit executives/ professionals, visitors and holiday-makers (also families-though the price will differ slightly depending numbers).
* Bedding, towels etc provided
* Hair dryer provided
* Iron and Ironing Board
* Ipod/MP3 player speaker system dock
* Dustpan and brush
* Basic kitchen and bathroom cleaning detergents
* Bin liners, sponges, dish and tea towels, films and foils.
* £150 deposit, which is held against breakages and the total amount is returnable when you leave.
NOTE: SMOKING in the garden ONLY - Ashtrays available for your use in the garden. Smoking in the flat is not permitted.
Bruce Grove is a conservation area, Howard Luke born 1772 -1864 who named and classified clouds lived on Bruce Grove until his death on March 21st 1864. His home still stands and is a listed building; although sadly it is now derelict.
The local area is served by several green spaces for all to enjoy as well as children to explore and enjoy; such as Bruce Castle Park, Lordship Recreational grounds, Lee Valley Nature Reserve and not forgetting the historical Alexander Palace - also known as the 'people's palace' or ‘Ally Pally’ by the locals. Ally Pally is easy to get to on a short bus ride (30 minutes) for the trekkers- a manageable walk if you are up for it (45 minutes). Ally Pally presents the best panoramic views of London as well as the most iconic venue in London. The 7 acre palace is surrounded by 196 acres of amazing parkland and grounds, with a pub and a restaurant, boating lake, an ice rink - great fun for a family day out, or a perfect place for a stroll late evening just when London is illuminated; for foodies, the best farmers market on Sundays will tease your palate for the finer things in life.
Lee Valley nature reserve is a 20 minute walk or a 10 minute bus ride drops you off in the most beautiful nature reserve where exploratory river walk gives an opportunity to be close to nature and green open spaces. The local boating clubs are a hub for the future Olympians who are seen to be training regularly along this stretch of the scenic canal route.
Most of the local amenities are fantastically varied, offering free activities, library, nature walks, picnics and explorations as well as affordable family activities such theatre and dance performances, poetry, leisure centre for sauna and steam, cinema, boating and canoeing, ice skating, or horse riding for the whole family to enjoy.
Bruce Grove is a food heaven, if you love food and are willing to try something new, most cuisine is available such as Caribbean, Chinese, Indian, Turkish, Greek, Italian etc. oh! and ‘pub food’ if that’s your choice. We are lucky to have several great pubs offering the quintessentially ‘British’ cultural experience with a pint of beer! Authenticity is the brand!
WE HAVE FREE PARKING IN THE STREET NEAR THE APARTMENT!
We are centrally located so have some of the best transport links in London by far, British Rail Stations are Bruce Grove, Tottenham Hale, South Tottenham Station, White Hart Lane, and Northumberland Park between them you can get to London’s Liverpool Street, Camden Town, Stansted Airport and the beautiful historical city of Cambridge just to mention a few places.
London Underground stations are Tottenham Hale and Seven Sisters (Victoria Line) which can take you directly into the heart of London’s West End in 20 minutes. Victoria and Green Park is a great stop if you want to take in the sights of London on the London Bus Tours – this is where you will need to pick up the tour buses from. The tour of London offers an opportunity to see or visit Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London and having done the tour ourselves as Londoners we highly recommend this experience.
The London Transport bus routes give visitors an opportunity to explore and experience inner London with the locals inexpensively and authentically. Our fantastic bus routes can take you directly to some hidden gems in an around London Bridge, Victoria, Waterloo, Kings Cross to mention a few places and it is a great alternative to traveling by train where you get to see, taste and feel London streets.
We would love to have you as our guest and hope we can share our knowledge and insight with you and welcome you to the best kept secrets of London we know about.
Please note: We are currently carrying out some refurbishment, some fixtures, fittings and equipment may vary slightly from the pictures, however everything listed above will be in the apartment.
Thank you in advance for being good guests and observing the following house rules:
*Check in is from 14:00 onwards. Check out time is 11 am.
* There will be a charge of £10 per hour for check-in at unsociable hours (from 9pm –midnight or later).
*Early check in (before 14:00) are charged at £5 per hour subject to availability.
*Late checkout can be arranged subject to availability and charge of £10 per hour.
* Shoes should NOT be worn in the apartment
* SMOKING in the garden ONLY.
* Please ensure all mail that is delivered is put in the living room silver filing cabinet.
* No food or liquid stains on the floor, beds or sofas.
* No crazy parties or noise so please be respectful to neighbours, this is a residential area.
* Do not hang washing on any of the outside washing lines, please use washing rack provided, stored in the bedroom next to the wardrobe.
* Please ensure the living room blinds are down when the property is empty.
* No one other than the people those who have booked the apartment to occupy the apartment.
* Leave the apartment reasonably clean throwing out your rubbish and recycling in the enclosed bin area at the end of the driveway on your right. The recycling bin is also outside the enclosed bin area.
* BATHROOM: please dispose of sanitary items and wet wipes in the bathroom bins – NOT IN THE TOILET. Soiled nappies are to be disposed of separately in the main bin outside the apartment on daily basis.
* Switch off lights when out to conserve energy.
* Please make sure all dirty towels are hung over the bathroom door
* When cooking, please use the extractor fan on the cooker and open the kitchen window.
* Do not remove anything from the apartment.
* Do not use extra bedding or towels for extra guests, please use towels and bedding allocated to you for your stay. If extra bedding of towels have been used, you will incur a charge of £20 for laundry.
* When leaving inform us if you have broken or damaged anything, as if we find out later and need to make another trip to replace items we will charge you for our time on a second trip. We understand some things are likely to get damaged (like glasses etc) and will be sympathetic and probably let you off if you are honest and sincere with us :)
Finally, we want you to have a lovely time in our apartment and will do everything we can to make you comfortable or help you on your journey and holiday planning. Thank you in advance for booking with us. Happy holidays! : )
|Price for > 1 guests||£ 21 per guest/night extra|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
Very pleased with our stay at the Apartment! Perfect location for us going to White Hart Lane and everything you could possibly need was present. Also clean and tidy, and the host (Jas) greeted us friendly and in an informative way. Highly recomended!
El apartamento es luminoso, tiene todo lo que puedas necesitar, se encuentra límpio, los muebles y utensilios son de calidad y sobre todo resaltar la extrema amabilidad de la anfitriona, siempre dispuesta a ayudar.
Algo retirado del centro pero bien comunicado.
I had a wonderful stay at Jas apartment. Everything was like it should be and if I had any question or problems Jas was easy to contact and always happy to help me. I would defiently stay there again.
Als wir in London ankamen wussten wir nicht was uns erwartet und wir waren gespannt.
Der erste Eindruck war lebendig, bunt und multikulturell.
Unsere Vermieterin, Jas, hieß uns herzlich willkommen und wir waren sofort begeistert mit wieviel Offenheit, Wärme und Leidenschaft für ihr Viertel sie uns begrüßte. Wir hatten von Anfang an den Eindruck, dass es ihr sehr am Herzen liegt eine schöne Zeit in London zu haben. Sie erklärte uns alles und fragte immer wieder nach unseren Bedürfnissen und Wünschen. Es war sehr authentisch und nichts wirkte gekünstelt. Wir sind sofort, in der ersten Minute, dort angekommen. Danke Jas! Das war auch dein Verdienst!
Dann gab sie uns viele Tips für Anlaufpunkte in Tottenham und Umgebung - ab von den übrigen Touristenstellen.
Diese Tips waren ein großer Punkt warum uns alles so einmalig vorkam. Wir haben tolle Dinge erlebt und vor allem auch die unfassbare Hilfsbereitschaft der Leute dort. Egal welches Alter, egal welches Problem, egal wo.
Jas bot uns auch an, jederzeit bei ihr nachzufragen sollte etwas unklar sein und wir Hilfe benötigen.
Wir sind aus London abgefahren mit dem Gefühl 2 statt 1 Woche Urlaub gehabt zu haben und es kam uns alles sehr vertraut vor.
Wer offen ist und neugierig der sollte unbedingt bei Jas nachfragen und es geniessen - so wie wir.
Wir hatten eine tolle Zeit.
It was perfect, thank you Jas!
For this review I'have to start from the last June.
Our flight reservations for the highlighted period was canceled by the flight broker. Andrea and Jas, at that point, agreed to postpone our reservation to the weekend from 11 to 13 September even though we were already beyond the contractual limit for cancellation. Then I highly recommend booking with these people that have proven reliable and correct with their customers. Said that, the house is located near the overground station of bruce grove, well connected to the rest of London via the Victoria line (seven sisters stop). you can find nearby all you need for a wonderful stay in London. the area is quiet, clean and multicultural. to conclude the review, it was a wonderful stay in an apartment well refined and, above all, very clean.
I hardly speak English, I sorry. Thank you, all were perfect. thank you very mach for your hospitality and tips. thanks you for your coments too.
Die Wohnung im Norden (Tottenham) von London hat uns gut gefallen, Sie ist vollständig ausgestattet und Jas , die Vermieterin hat uns Alles toll erklärt und noch viele gute Tipps gegeben. Auch die Empfehlungen zum Alexanderpark (Geheimtipp) war klasse. Wir haben die Zeit in London genossen
Everything has promised wimbdu was met locally. In the kitchen everything is there what is needed. There is enough room for two adults and two children, and direct access to the garden available (smoking) where you also if necessary. the sun can enjoy. Although the connection to the City of London is good, it is very quiet there.
Andrea and Jas are very friendly and reliable in their communication.
Of course, the district in which the apartment is located is one of the more mediocre standard, but this is ok for London.
All in all a good works price performance ratio compared to other apartments.
Alles, was wimbdu versprochen hat, wurde vor Ort erfüllt. In der Küche ist alles vorhanden, was benötigt wird. Es ist genügend Raum für zwei Erwachsene und zwei Kinder und ein direkter Zugang zum Garten vorhanden (Raucher), in dem man auch ggfls. die Sonne genießen kann. Obwohl die Anbindung an die City von London gut ist, ist es sehr ruhig dort.
Andrea und Jas sind sind sehr freundlich und verlässlich in ihrer Kommunikation.
Selbstverständlich gehört das Stadtviertel, in dem sich das Appartement befindet eher zum mittelmäßigem Standard, was aber für London ok ist.
Alles in Allem ein gutes Prei- Leistungsverhältnis im Vergleich zu anderen Wohnungen.
We had a very good stay as a family of 5 in this apartment. The apartment was really nice with a very well equipped kitchen. Easy to reach by bus and metro. When we arrived Jas was present and received us well, telling us everything about the apartment and the surroundings. We had a great NYE at Alexandra Park.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption