Wimdu’s Guide to Brecon: Holiday Cottages, Accommodation and Bed & Breakfasts in Brecon
The historic Welsh market town of Brecon is situated in one of Wales’ most beautiful and picturesque areas mountain ranges. The Brecon Beacons National Park covers around 519 square miles of land and includes not only some stunning mountains but also beautiful rivers, forests and miles and miles of moorland. Brecon is located at the heart of the Brecon Beacons, north of Merthyr Tydfil and north west of Abergavenny. Brecon is a popular place for walkers to rest their weary feet in and there are plenty of good pubs and restaurants to satisfy the hunger of even the hungriest walkers! Brecon has many excellent shops too selling things such as locally made craft items, tasty Welsh food and souvenirs! Keep reading to find out the best things to see and do in and around Brecon!
Where to stayIn and around Brecon you’ll find many bed and breakfast and hotel accommodation options and the area receives a fair amount of tourists and outdoors enthusiasts. If you’re planning on visiting Brecon and the surrounding area, why not think about staying in something a little more cosy and personal than your average hotel room? Wimdu offer apartments, holiday cottages and short stay guest rooms in Brecon and all over South Wales – find something to suit your needs and budget on Wimdu today!
- Sir Tim Berners Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web owns a house in the Brecon Beacons!
- Pen-Y-Fan, the highest mountain in South Wales is in the Brecon Beacons.
- Prince Charles also has a residence in the Brecon Beacons!
- The SAS train their troops in the Brecon Beacons – the harsh landscape is great for simulating missions.
- The Brecon Beacons has been a national park since 1957!