Brighton is one of Britain's best-loved cities, and it is both a seaside town and a fashionable retreat for Londoners who want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city. There are many lively cities in Britain, but Brighton has a particularly special atmosphere and is well worth a few days' visit. You'll find many accommodation options in Brighton and nearby Hove, such as hotels, B&Bs, and hostels with sea views; but if you're looking for something alternative, why not book an apartment or vacation home with Wimdu? We offer apartments, houses and guest rooms in equally beautiful, if not better, parts of the city!
- According to a 2001 census, the majority of adherents to the religion of Jedism in Britain live in Brighton.
- The first erotic film was shot in Brighton in 1896 by film pioneer Esme Collings.
- Many films have been set and shot here, including the famous Quadrophenia produced by the British band The Who in 1973.
- Many famous people including Nick Cave and Steve Coogan live in Brighton, which was also the residence of Queen Queen Victoria.
- England's first casino opened in Brighton's Metropole Hotel in 1962.