Sunny ART-Flat in Trendy "Schiller-Kiez", Neukölln
- Parking available
- Family/child friendly
- Baby cot
"As artists, we are interested in places and people that stimulate our creativity.
We are pleased to share our passion for Berlin with you.
Become our guests in our self-made work-in-progress flat in the day after day more popular and trendy area of Neukolln."
The apartment is just one block away from the former airport Tempelhof, now an enormous park with beergarden, barbecue area and lots of activity, which is becoming very popular among the Berliners. This is only one of the many attractions this flat offers. Another is surely the extreme good connection to all kinds of traffic.
The Airport Schönefeld, the new international airport in Berlin, is only 20min by Taxi. The next Highway Exit, Britzer Damm, is only 6 minutes by car. The next Subway is 5 minutes by foot. There you can get directly to Kreuzberg, Alexanderplatz, Mitte, Prenzlauer Berg and and and...
Before 2009 the "LIRA 32" has been famous as THE place-to-be for parties and experimental projects. The front building was well-known as the “Flamingo Beach Lotel”, a project created by the artist Miss Marylou: every flat was decorated from floor to ceiling in barocco-kitsch style by several artists. The purpose was to offer an unforgettable arty experience for low-budget travellers. In memory of its glorious past, don’t forget to greet the couple of pink flamingos on your right side, in the main entrance hall!
In the first courtyard, take your time to admire the nice wall paintings called “Heissball” and " La vie en Rose" before climbing the stairs up to our flat in the third floor.
Our project was to made our flat as comfortable as possible without losing this “L32 spirit”: We kept the original wooden floor, made the bathroom bigger and the kitchen smaller before hanging our paintings, drawings and collages on the walls - everything in order to transform the flat in a living but peaceful gallery.
Our purpose is to give you the possibility of chilling out after a walking day in museums or a dancing night in clubs in this handmade, comfortable and sunny flat.
The brand-new bathroom with its italian-style shower is hidden in the yellow cube in the center of the flat.
We have designed a bank in the corner of the kitchen so you can sip a warm coffee (in winter) or a Iced coffee (in summer).
If you want to spend a day in our "Schiller-Kiez" with checking your emails, you have the choice between these three cafes which could quickly become your second living-rooms:
We recommend you the
- "Pappel Reihe" (Kienitzer Strasse 109) for a soup or a Panini at Midday,
- "Frollein Langner" (Weisestrasse 34) for a tea and a cookie in the afternoon,
- "Engels" (Herrfurthstrasse 21) for a concert with pastas,
- last but not least "Sowieso" (Weisestrasse 24) for a concert with a beer.
Enjoy your trip in Berlin!
All the best
Frédéric & Anne-Marie
House rules- Check-in starts at 2 p.m. - Check-out until 11 a.m.
- No parties, additional guests or extra sleep-overs
- NO SMOKING
- Deposit of 100 € in cash
- Downloading or uploading copyrighted material via internet especiallly with filesharing software is prohibited. Filesharing is aggressively pursued in Germany and guests are resonsible for any kind of damages that occur by the violation of those rules. Using our WiFi you'll have to sign a letter of agreement! All costs concerning to internet misbehavior will be charged to the guests.
- Because of the nice wooden floor we ask you to take your shoes off as soon as you enter the apartment; against cold feet we offer houseshoes.
- If you arrive very late or leave very early we probably ask you for an extra fee of 10 euros each - depending on HOW late or early you're travelling!
- Please behave like normal civilized people. No loud sound between 10pm and 7am. Respect the neighbours, our belongings and the work we had to make the flat what it's now.
Not sticking to these rules leads to (total) reduction of the deposit.
NEW in 2014 - CITYTAX! Visitors of Berlin have to pay a „Tourist-Tax“ of 5% of the plain Apartment’s price. Business reasons are excluded from this. follow the link and read the document provided by the city of Berlin, concerning a tax visitors have to pay!
|Price for > 1 guests||£ 9 per guest/night extra|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption