Wimdu’s Guide to Padstow: Holiday Apartments, Accommodation and Bed and Breakfasts in Padstow
On the northern coast of Cornwall, England you’ll find the small fishing port of Padstow. Padstow is famous for its history, excellent restaurants and pretty seaside atmosphere. Padstow’s harbour is a big draw and is featured on most postcards of the town. In the harbour are many traditional fishing boats and pleasure crafts that bob in the water and the various quayside restaurants and pubs only add to the holiday feeling in Padstow. The town is hugely popular with tourists who come not just from all over the UK but also further afield from places such as Germany and The Netherlands. English celebrity chefs Rick Stein and Paul Ainsworth have established restaurants in the town which has further boosted Padstow’s reputation as a place to enjoy good food and relax! Keep reading to find out more about this pretty seaside town!
Where to stayPadstow is home to various types of accommodation including luxury hotels, bed and breakfasts and hostels for surfers and young people. They tend to get busy during the summer months and accommodation is often hard to find. Perhaps a better idea than staying in a crowded hotel is to rent your own holiday cottage or apartment. Wimdu have a wide selection of holiday accommodation in Padstow to suit all requirements – check out our offers today!
- The famous lines ‘They shall not grow old, as we that are left to grow old’ were written by Laurence Binyon by Padstow in 1914.
- Padstow’s Doom Bar is not a pub but a dangerous stretch of sand in the sea responsible for many shipwrecks!
- Fans of chef Rick Stein have dubbed Padstow ‘Padstein’ in his honour!
- Cornwall’s coastline is the longest in Britain – it’s 433 miles long!
- There are more than 75,000 cows in Cornwall!